Auto Glass Safety Council™ Board Enhances New Strategic PlanJun 21st, 2012 | By agrss | Category: Auto Glass Safety Council Updates, Uncategorized
The Board of Directors of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (formerly the AGRSS® Council Inc.) has developed and approved a new strategic plan that runs through 2014. The first part of the plan changes the recently re-named Council’s mission statement to the following: The Auto Glass Safety Council™ is the definitive voice that defines, actively advances and promotes auto glass safety.
It is broken down into six specific strategies, as follows:
1. Deliver training based on the AGRSS® Standard to the auto glass and related industries;
2. Maintain and continually update a registration program for glass shops and a certification program for technicians who demonstrate conformance with the Standard;
3. Develop and maintain auto glass safety-related industry information;
4. Educate the public, federal and state government officials and related industry parties about the importance of auto glass safety;
5. Promote the Auto Glass Safety Council™ and the AGRSS® Standard to the industry, the public, federal and state government officials; and
6. Maintain accreditation by ANSI and continually improve the ANSI/AGRSS® Standard for safe auto glass installation.
Among each strategy, the group has devised a list of possible tactics, such as creating a database of state licensing and registration requirements; gathering and/or monitoring data on fatalities and serious injuries as the result of ejections; developing an insurance agent continuing education course for agents in certain states; appointing an official spokesperson; creating an Auto Glass Safety Day; and creating partnerships with other organizations to help promote the Auto Glass Safety Council™ and Standard.